The 25th International Congress of History of Science and Technology (ICHST) will be located in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, from the 23rd to the 29th of July 2017. The meeting will be held in the Praia Vermelha campus of the Federal University of Rio de Janeiro (UFRJ). This 25th ICHST will hold the general theme of “Science, Technology and Medicine between the Global and the Local”.
For more information about the ICHST meeting in general, please click here.
• EXTENSION OF THE EARLY REGISTRATION DEADLINE
The early registration deadline was extended until 30 April 2017. The early registration fee is BRL 704.00 (USD 220.00).
The late registration fee (from 1 May to 30 June 2017) is BRL 960.00 (USD 300.00).
Access the registration form and further information here.
• GUIDED TOURS
We arranged guided tours (in English) to the following institutions in Rio de Janeiro:
– The Botanical Garden of Rio de Janeiro (website in English)
– The Brazilian National Library (website in English)
– The Brazilian National Museum (website in Portuguese)
– The Museum of Astronomy and Related Sciences (website in English)
– The Museum of Tomorrow (website in English, newspaper article)
– The Museum of Earth Sciences (website in Portuguese)
– The Oswaldo Cruz House (website in English)
In the next newsletter we will provide precise information about how to book tickets for these guided tours.
• GENERAL REMINDERS
Please check the previous Newsletter for information on:
– Visas and other entry requirements;
– The funding scheme for non-Brazilian participants;
– The Congress programme (which will be available on 1 May 2017);
– Lunch reservations;
– The Congress dinner;
– Travel and accommodation;