After clicking the button above, you will be taken to the Isis website at the University of Chicago Press. The UCP handles membership for the HSS, and your subscription via the UCP site represents your membership in the Society.
- Print and electronic subscribers will have the opportunity on the next page to opt out of the print edition of Osiris.
- Student member status subject to verification.
- Family membership includes one Isis subscription, one annual Osiris and all other privileges for two members.
- All subscriptions entered on a calendar-year basis only.
- Just earned your PhD in the history of science? Congratulations! Here’s a free e-membership to HSS. Leaving the student world can present challenges. The HSS would like to recognize your signal achievement by providing a free electronic membership (one year) to those who graduated in 2018 or in 2019. Details here.
Alternative Ordering Methods
Mail – Fill out, print, and mail our General Order Form (PDF).
Telephone – Order by phone Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm Central Time by calling (773) 753-3347 or toll-free in U.S. and Canada (877) 705-1878.
Shipping and Taxes
- Canadian residents will be charged 5% GST and $14 postage.
- Customers outside the U.S. and Canada will be charged an additional $21.00 for expedited delivery (issues are air shipped to the country and placed into the local postal system).
- Indiana residents will be charged 7% sales tax.
- Illinois residents will be charged 10.25% tax on single-copy sales only.
- Orders involving online content for institutions and individuals in the European Union may be subject to the VAT. The University of Chicago Press VAT number is EU826008480.
Back Issues / Single Copies
You can order copies of recent back issues of this journal by contacting email@example.com. Single copies cost: $32.00 (individuals); $130.00 (institutions). Issues older than 3 years may be available through Periodicals Services Company for Isis and for Osiris.
The rates above are for individuals only. Institutional subscription rates are listed on the 2019 institutional rate sheet downloadable from the University of Chicago Press journals site. More information on placing institutional subscription orders.
For Emerging Nations
Institutions and individuals scholars in emerging nations may be eligible for a subscription discount. Visit The Chicago Emerging Nations Initiative (CENI) section of the UCP web site to learn more.