Why Join the History of Science Society?
The History of Science Society is the world’s largest society dedicated to understanding science, technology, medicine, and their interactions with society in historical context. In a world becoming increasingly interconnected by science and technology, contextualized understanding is crucial. Your membership supports an international effort to produce and disseminate leading knowledge about the history of science.
Joining the Society links you with over 3,000 scholars and research institutions. Membership reflects your commitment to advancing research and teaching in the history of science. United by the Society’s journals, electronic resources, and conferences, our members share your dedication.
Students, take note of our special student rate!
Benefits of Membership
- Subscription to Isis, the premier journal in the history of science, and to Osiris, our annual thematic journal
- Access to the online History of Science and Technology bibliographic database
- The Current Bibliography of the History of Science and its Cultural Influences, a significant bibliography of HSTM articles published world-wide
- The HSS Newsletter, published quarterly, providing job listings, conference announcements, and news of the Society, its members, their disciplines and the profession
- Listing in and access to the History of Science Society/Philosophy of Science Association Online Membership Directory, a valuable tool for quickly connecting with colleagues
- Reduced registration fees at the Society’s annual meeting
- Online access to dozens of job listings and grant announcements, collected from around the world, sorted to help you find the position you seek
- Discounted subscriptions to journals in the History of Science, including Studies in History and Philosophy of Biological & Biomedical Science, Studies in History and Philosophy of Modern Physics, Studies in History and Philosophy of Science. To purchase a discounted subscription, please contact Elsevier’s regional office for your area and cite your HSS membership.