The January HPS&ST Note is now available online at http://www.hpsst.com/hpsst-note.html
Contents in this month’s note includes the following:
- Memorial Service: Robert Sonné Cohen, April 14, Boston University
- European Society for the History of Science Biennial Conference and British Society for the History of Science Annual Meeting, University College, London, 14-17 September 2018
- 3rd International Conference on the History of Physics under the auspices of the European Physical Society and 4th Early-Career Conference for Historians in the Physical Sciences of the American Institute of Physics, 17-21 October 2018, Donostia-San Sebastian, Spain
- 4th Latin American Conference of the International History, Philosophy and Science Teaching Group (IHPST-LA), September 3 to 5, 2018, Federal University of ABC, UFABC, Santo André, Brazil
- HPS & ST Conference at Zhejiang Normal University China
- Opinion Page: Michael Ruse: Does Life Have Meaning? Or is it Self-Deception at Best and Terrifyingly Absurd at Worst?
- Recent HPS&ST Research Articles
- Recent HPS&ST Related Books
- Appointment of Assistant Editor
- Coming HPS&ST Related Conferences
This HPS&ST monthly Note is sent to about 7,500 individuals who directly or indirectly have an interest in the connections of history and philosophy of science with theoretical, curricular and pedagogical issues in science teaching, and/or interests in the promotion of more engaging and effective teaching of the history and philosophy of science. The note is also sent to different HPS lists and to science education lists. It is an information list, not a discussion list.
The note seeks to serve the diverse international community of HPS&ST scholars and teachers by disseminating information about events and publications that connect to HPS&ST concerns.
Contributions to the note (publications, thematic issues, conferences, Opinion Page, etc.) are welcome and should be sent direct to the editor: Michael R. Matthews, UNSW, email@example.com .
If you have friends, colleagues or students who would like to subscribe to the list, tell them to send a message to: firstname.lastname@example.org There is no need for subject header or any message; the email itself suffices for addition to the hpsst-list.