The February HPS&ST Note is now available online at http://www.hpsst.com/hpsst-note.html
This month’s note includes the following:
- NARST Annual Conference, March 10-13, 2018, Strand 13 HPS&ST Sessions
- Experimental and Historical Foundations of Electricity: Downloadable Book
- European Society for the History of Science Biennial Conference and British Society for the History of Science Annual Meeting, University College, London, 14-17 September 2018
- 3rd International Conference on the History of Physics under the auspices of the European Physical Society and 4th Early-Career Conference for Historians in the Physical Sciences of the American Institute of Physics, 17-21 October 2018, Donostia-San Sebastian, Spain
- 4th Latin American Conference of the International History, Philosophy and Science Teaching Group (IHPST-LA), September 3 to 5, 2018, Federal University of ABC, UFABC, Santo André, Brazil
- Opinion Page: Steven Pinker, Harvard University:
- The Intellectual War on Science: It’s wreaking havoc in universities and jeopardizing the progress of research
- Memorial Service: Robert Sonné Cohen, April 14, Boston University
- Recent HPS&ST Research Articles
- Recent HPS&ST Related Books
- Coming HPS&ST Related Conferences
This HPS&ST monthly Note is sent to about 7,500 individuals who directly or indirectly have an interest in the connections of history and philosophy of science with theoretical, curricular and pedagogical issues in science teaching, and/or interests in the promotion of more engaging and effective teaching of the history and philosophy of science. The note is also sent to different HPS lists and to science education lists.
The note seeks to serve the diverse international community of HPS&ST scholars and teachers by disseminating information about events and publications that connect to HPS&ST concerns.
Contributions to the note (publications, thematic issues, conferences, Opinion Page, etc.) are welcome and should be sent direct to the editor: Michael R. Matthews, UNSW, email@example.com .
If you would like to subscribe to the list, send a message to: firstname.lastname@example.org There is no need for subject header or any message; the email itself suffices for addition to the hpsst-list.