The August HPS&ST Note is on the web at: http://www.idtc-iuhps.com/ in the HPS&ST Note folder.
- Asian HPS&ST Conference, December 15-18, 2016, Pusan National University, South Korea.
- 1st European IHPST Regional Conference, August 22-25, 2016, Europa-Universität Flensburg, Germany
- University of Copenhagen Professorial Appointment in HPS and Science Education
- Education Sessions at Philosophy of Science Association Conference, Atlanta, November 3-5.
- Opinion Page: Why Should Physicists Study History?
- Conference: “Interdisciplinary Futures: Open the Social Sciences 20 years later”, 19-20 January 2017, Lisbon, Portugal
- DHST Young Scholars Prize (submission 31 August 2016)
- IUHPST Essay Prize in History and Philosophy of Science (30 November 2016)
- Vale: Gustavo Bueno in memoriam (1924-2016)
- Transversal : International Journal for the Historiography of Science
- Recent HPS&ST Research Articles
- Recent HPS&ST Books
- Coming HPS&ST Related Conferences
This HPS&ST monthly Note is sent to about 7,100 individuals who directly or indirectly have an interest in the connections of history and philosophy of science with theoretical, curricular and pedagogical issues in science teaching, and/or interests in the promotion of more engaging and effective teaching of the history and philosophy of science. The note is sent on to different HPS lists and to science teaching lists.
The note seeks to serve the diverse international community of HPS&ST scholars and teachers by disseminating information about events and publications that connect to HPS&ST concerns. It is an information list, not a discussion list.
Please do feel free to forward this email to any local, national or international lists that whose members you think would appreciate knowing of the Note and its web location. Forwarding the notification email is a very easy and efficient way of multiplying the readership and so increasing awareness of HPS&ST matters.
Contributions to the note (publications, conferences etc.) are welcome and should be sent direct to the editor: Michael R. Matthews, UNSW,email@example.com .