The SHNH President’s Award recognises an individual or team’s contribution and impact in promoting and improving accessibility, inclusivity and diversity to the study of the history of natural history. Such initiatives would include:
- Exhibitions (both physical and digital)
- Collections research that, for example, addresses diversity or colonialism
- Projects that demonstrate leadership and the development of new inclusive policies
- Events or meetings that break new ground
- The creation of online resources
- Blogs that inform and challenge us
SHNH members and non-members can be nominated for this prize, which is open to nominees based in the UK and internationally; individuals and teams can be nominated. There are no age restrictions associated with this prize. The Winner will receive the President’s Medal, together with £100, to be presented at the Society’s Annual General Meeting in June 2021.
Nominations are now open and must be sent to the Secretary (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Monday 15th March 2021.
Further details about the President’s Award: https://shnh.org.uk/awards-
Information about SHNH Awards: https://shnh.org.uk/awards-