The Society seeks nominations for awards for scholarly work on women and gender in the early modern period (ca. 1450-1750) published/completed between June 30, 2020 and June 30, 2021. The deadline for all nominations is June 30th, 2021. The deadline includes receipt of all relevant information as well as all materials. Awards will be announced in the fall of 2021.
- Book Award (scholarly monographs)
- Essay or Article Award
- Editions Awards (critical editions of primary sources)
- For this category, we are seeking nominations for both teaching and scholarly editions. We have three categories for which we may award prizes in a given year. These include: the Josephine Roberts Award for a Scholarly Edition; an award for a teaching edition; and an award for a scholarly edition in translation. Please note: we do not always award prizes for all three of these categories. We ask that all editions nominations be made simply to the umbrella category of “Editions Awards.”
- Graduate Student Conference Presentation Award
- Collaborative Project Award (Edited Collections of Essays, etc.)
- Digital Scholarship, New Media, & Art Award (Web-based projects, exhibitions, concerts, productions of plays, etc.) Note: Since such projects often do not have a single date of publication, nominations are accepted for projects operating from June 30, 2020 to June 30, 2021.
- SSEMWG administers the prize for the best article published in each volume of Early Modern Women: An Interdisciplinary Journal. All articles published in the journal are automatically considered for the prize.
For more information on how to submit scholarship or nominate another’s work, please see: https://ssemwg.org/
Please send inquiries to the Awards Committee Chair, Elisa Oh, at email@example.com