The editorial staff of the journal Engineering Studies is seeking manuscripts on social and cultural aspects of engineers and engineering broadly defined. Our mission is:
• to advance critical analysis in historical, social, cultural, political, philosophical, rhetorical, and organizational studies of engineers and engineering;
• to help serve diverse communities of researchers interested in engineering studies;
• to link scholarly work in engineering studies with broader discussions and debates about engineering education, research, practice, policy, and representation.
The editors of Engineering Studies are interested in papers that consider the following questions:
• How does this paper enhance critical understanding of engineers or engineering?
• What are the relationships among the technical and nontechnical dimensions of engineering practices, and how do these relationships vary over time and space?
We invite works from humanists and social scientists studying the historical, political, philosophical, rhetorical, organizational, geographic, literary, or other dimensions of engineering. Practitioners in technical communication, technical work, engineering education, and policy studies are also invited to submit research which brings critical analysis to bear on the ideologies and assumptions underlying engineering’s culture and practice.
Engineering Studies publishes regular research articles, systematic literature reviews, reports, book reviews, and Critical Participation pieces. The latter should make an intervention in the engineering studies and/or engineering communities. Regular research articles will be double-blind reviewed and Critical Participation articles single-blind by expert referees under the guidance of an Associate Editor. Click here to see for information on style, scope, formatting, and how to submit a manuscript.
Engineering Studies is the journal of the International Network for Engineering Studies. Members of the Network receive a subscription to Engineering Studies in addition to resources for teaching, research, and dialogue in the field of engineering studies. For more information, click here. Memberships and subscriptions run 1 January to 31 December of each year; memberships registered after 1 November 2018 will be valid for calendar year 2019.
Please contact the editor in chief, Cyrus Mody (email@example.com), with further queries regarding Engineering Studies.