The History of Science Society of Japan publishes three issues of Historia Scientiarum a year. The latest issue is a special issue: “The History of Geological Sciences in East Asia: Geosciences in Transition.
Contents of this Special Issue include the following:
- Introduction by Toshihiro YAMADA and Michiko YAJIMA
- How Modern Geology Was Published: A Case Study of Chinese Geological Journals, 1919 to 1949 by Jiuchen ZHANG
- Frontier of Professionals: The Vision of American Advisors That Supported Hokkaido Development in the Early Meiji Period byTomomi NAKAGAWA
- Japanese Geological Scientists and Their Activities with Respect to Science Communication: With Special Reference to Professor Seitaro Tsuboi and Chidanken by Fumihiko TOCHINAI
- Christian Missionaries and Natural Things: The Italian-style Geological Collection of Cimatti’s Museum at Chofu, Tokyo, Japan by Stefano MARABINI and Gian Battista VAI
- On Eugenic Policy and the Movement of the National Temperance League in Prewar Japan by Takashi YOKOYAMA
- The Program of the 64th Annual Meeting of the History of Science Society of Japan
For further information, see http://hssj.info/page/2.