Job Type: Museums and Libraries
Application Deadline: September 27, 2019
The South Carolina State Museum seeks a creative individual with a working knowledge of science and technological history as it relates to South Carolina for the position of Curator of Science and Technology.
The S.C. State Museum is a multidisciplinary museum with a permanent collection and dedicated galleries that focus on the Art, Culture, Science and Technology and Natural History of our state. The museum’s science and technology collection focuses on scientific and technological instruments and artifacts made, used or connected to the state from the 18th century through the present.
This aspect of the S.C. State Museum’s collection includes important artifacts ranging from automobiles, telescopes, space exploration, textile machinery, televisions and radios and more.
- Curatorial management of the museum’s Science and Technology collection, acquisition, exhibition planning and conservation recommendations
- Serve as a member of the exhibitions committee, propose changing exhibition concepts and related storylines and assist with the exhibition development and design of related changing exhibitions
- Serve on the development team as we reevaluate the permanent galleries that include objects from the Science and Technology Collection
- Developing content and management of related public programs for a diverse audience
- Works with the public with requests for information and image use
- Assist with grant writing and reporting
- Works directly with the Collections Department and museum staff in a team atmosphere with department-wide projects
See here for complete job description and to apply.
Posted: September 16, 2019