Job Type: Government/Non-Profit
Radiolab’s Director of Research will:
- Provide research for Radiolab’s editorial content creation process.
- Oversee the fact checking and editorial accuracy of Radiolab’s content.
- Direct the expansion of Radiolab’s editorial process to involve more outside contributors.
The Director of Research will have the following responsibilties:
- Perform research, through both present day reporting and academic/historical investigation for both audio content development and live show development, conducting interviews and reporting as needed (30%)
- Manage fact checking budget and perform and oversee fact checking process, supervising interns or contract fact checkers as necessary with responsibility for all fact checking documentation (20%)
- Serve as primary liaison with outside reporters, soliciting pitches from writers and reporters, and cultivate their ongoing participation by providing those external editorial contributors with thorough feedback and frequent communication (40%)
- Fuel the long term editorial planning and campaigns for Radiolab, working closely with Radiolab’s Senior Producer and Senior Editor and lead staff production team in researching and pitching to those campaigns (10%)
Additional responsibilities, as needed, include but are not limited to:
- Must be willing to explain research in studio recordings (for air), editorial meetings, or blog posts
- May be needed to arrange logistics of interviews and recordings +willingness to learn digital editing skills
A successful candidate must have:
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills
- Must have experience working with and good relationships a wide range of writers and producers as well as scientists and academics +comfort, familiarity and experience in dealing with science topics
- Professional (or academic) research skills
- 3+ years reporting, writing and research experience
- Experience as an on-air personality
- Masters or doctorate degree, in relevant field such as journalism or history of science
- Ability to arrange logistics of interviews and recordings +willingness to learn digital editing skills
To apply and for more information, please clilck here.
Posted: December 11, 2014