Job Type: Postdoc
The Department of History at Utah State University invites applications for a one-year (with the potential of being renewable for up to three years) position as a postdoctoral teaching fellow in the history of the United States. Subfields of interest include the history of science and medicine, religious history, and historical methods. Fellows will be responsible for teaching a 3-2 load. To be eligible, candidates must have completed a doctoral degree in history between December 2016 and December 2019. The successful fellow may expect an annual salary of $40,000 plus health benefits, office space, computer, moving expenses, and library privileges. In addition, fellows may apply for departmental travel funds. Review of applications begins February 1, 2020, and continues until position is filled.
Position start date: August 1, 2020.
- Teach courses in US history, methods, and area of expertise
- Conduct research in field of specialization
- Participate actively in departmental activities
- PhD in History between December 2016 and December 2019
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Along with the online application, please attach:
1. CV/Resume to be uploaded at the beginning of your application in the Candidate Profile under “Resume/CV”
2. Names and contact information for two professional references to be uploaded at the beginning of your application in the Candidate Profile
3. Cover Letter to be typed/pasted at the end of your application
4. Applicants may include syllabi or a statement of teaching philosophy, but this is not required. If you would like to submit these documents, please upload them at the beginning of your application in the Candidate Profile.
TO APPLY, click here.
Posted: January 17, 2020