Job Type: Postdoc
Application Deadline: July 31, 2019
The Chair for Modern and Contemporary History, Theory and Science of Architecture (Prof. Anna-Maria Meister, PhD) at the Department of Architecture of Technische Universitaet Darmstadt, Germany, invites applications for a
The position is offered for the duration of three years.
The chair aims to be a center for critical research in architecture history, theory and science. Current questions require critical historical and theoretical investigation of architecture as social, political and aesthetic practice. We look at the interrelations of architecture with politics, art, economics and technology, especially considering the diversity of societal and cultural positions and theories of the 20th and 21st century.
- Involvement in the conception, conduction and administrative organization of Bachelor/Master seminars and lectures
- Involvement in the conception and development of research projects
Required qualifications and experience
- A postgraduate degree (PhD) in a relevant field (architecture history/theory, art history, media history/theory, history of science/technology, with focus on architecture or architecture theory)
- Relevant research and teaching experience
- Ability to conduct independent research projects based on the international state of the field
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills, rigor, curiosity and ambition
- Excellent proficiency in English (written and spoken)
The fulfillment of the duties likewise enables the scientific qualifications of the candidate. Opportunity for further qualification (habilitation) is given.
The Technische Universität Darmstadt intends to increase the number of female employees and encourages female candidates to apply. In case of equal qualifications applicants with a degree of disability of at least 50 or equal will be given preference. Wages and salaries are according to the collective agreements on salary scales, which apply to the Technische Universität Darmstadt (TV-TU Darmstadt). Part-time employment is generally possible.
Candidates are invited to send an application including CV, certificates, and names of references with the code mentioned below to the dean of the department of architecture, El-Lissitzky-Str. 1, Postfach 10 06 36, D-64206 Darmstadt or electronically to email@example.com.
See more information on the website here.
Posted: July 18, 2019