The Edmond J. Safra Center for Ethics, Tel Aviv University
Job Type: Postdoc
Application Deadline: February 15, 2015
The Edmond J. Safra Center for Ethics at Tel Aviv University is accepting applications for its 2015-16 post-doctorate fellowship program. The Center offers grants to outstanding researchers who study the interplay between scientific and technological developments, politics, and ethics.
Grant Amount: $28,000
The fellowship is open to researchers from all disciplines and fields, including humanities, cyber and computer sciences, social sciences, law, medicine and bioethics. Candidates must have a PhD from a recognized institution in Israel or abroad, and must have received their degree after February 15th 2010. Candidates with permanent positions at universities or colleges are not eligible. Preference will be given to researchers whose degree is not from Tel Aviv University. Additional funding for travel for non-Israelis fellows is available.
The Research Fellows will be part of the Center’s research group and will take part in the Center’s activities. While in residence, the fellows are expected to dedicate their full time to research.
Applicants must submit:
- Approval indicating eligibility for a doctorate degree, or certification of the submission date of their dissertation.
- Three letters of recommendation. Preferably, at least one recommender should not belong to the academic institution where the applicant was a doctorate student.
- Summary of the dissertation and brief description of the research plan (both up to two pages).
- CV, including a list of publications (if applicable).
- (Selection process may also include personal interviews.)
Deadline for submission of all application materials is February 15, 2015. Application materials should be sent by mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional information about the Center, research fellows and activities can be found at: http://ethics.tau.ac.il/en.
Posted: January 13, 2015