History of Science Society
Job Type: Government/Non-Profit
Application Deadline: July 19, 2021
The Office Administrator reports to the Executive Director of the History of Science Society (HSS), an international Society comprised of some 3,000 historians and scientists from around the world. The Office Administrator serves several functions, including supervisory, financial, communication, and planning. The ideal candidate is able to work independently with a high level of autonomy. The ideal candidate also has experience working with academic professionals.
Many of the Office Administrator’s roles are listed below.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
- Coordinates personnel in the office, including student workers
- Serves as the primary point of contact for the Society’s office
- Processing the primary financial functions of the Society, including assisting with reporting and the annual audit
- Processes federal and Society funds
- Coordinates federal reporting for the Society as a whole, including NASA, the National Science Foundation, and the National Endowment for the Humanities.
- Coordinates conference arrangements with sister societies for joint meetings.
- Collects and analyzes data and compiles it for use in reports and publications for the Society.
- Coordinates and administers special administrative functions for sister societies and manages financial grant requirements and reporting for these societies.
- Oversees various ongoing projects performed by outside contractors and graduate students.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent professional experience
- 3+ years professional office experience, preferably with universities and/or professional associations
- Use of Google Suite and Microsoft Office
- Excellent proofreading skills
- Excellent communication (written and spoken)
- Volunteer supervision
- High degree of autonomy
- Highly organized
- Sense of humor
- Experience with cloud-based Association Management Software (AMS)
- Experience with QuickBooks, preferably online QuickBooks
The History of Science Society an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, marital status, national origin, disability status, medical condition, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply: Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted: July 15, 2021