The Department of History at the University of California, Riverside
Job Type: Faculty, Non-Tenured
Application Deadline: June 13, 2016
The Department of History at the University of California, Riverside, seeks to develop a pool of highly qualified lecturers to fill possible openings during the 2016-2017 academic year. Candidates in the following areas of specialization are invited to submit applications:
- World History, particularly 1500-1900
- “The Historian as Detective”, a course for freshman majors that introduces historical thinking and methods
- History of Science and Technology, with a preference for candidates specializing in the 20th Century
- European History, with a preference for candidates who can teach courses on Modern Europe
- Latin American History, with a preference for candidates specializing in the history of Mexico
- US History, with a preference for candidates specializing in the 19th Century
Appointment for any candidates appointed will begin September 19, 2016 (Fall); January 4, 2017 (Winter); and March 29, 2017 (Spring), and continue for one quarter, with a salary of $5,619.55 per course.
Qualifications: Ph.D. in History or a relevant field; documented record of teaching excellence at the upper-division level in history in the fields involved.
UCR is a world-class research university with an exceptionally diverse undergraduate student body. Its mission is explicitly linked to providing routes to educational success for underrepresented and first-generation college students. A commitment to this mission is a preferred qualification
Review of applications will begin on June 13, 2016. Candidates will be notified if they are included in the pool for potential openings; search remains open until all positions are filled.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Posted: May 21, 2016