The American School of Classical Studies at Athens
Job Type: Visiting
Application Deadline: October 31, 2014
ELIZABETH A. WHITEHEAD VISITING PROFESSORS
One or Two Positions
Deadline: October 31
Term: Early September to June 1.
Eligibility: A senior scholar with a significant record of publication and teaching in a North American institution and a member of the Managing Committee or faculty/staff from a Cooperating Institution. Preference will be given to those who have not received recent support from the School. Candidates who have held the Whitehead Professorship may apply if the previous term was at least five years prior.
Project: Advancing research on a project, which utilizes the facilities of the School and enriches the academic program of the School. Whitehead Professors are encouraged to present a seminar during the winter term (late November to late March) on the subject of their expertise and to contribute to the academic program in other significant ways, such as mentoring or advising students at the School and participating in School trips and excursions.
Compensation: Stipend of $35,000, plus round-trip coach airfare to Athens, board at Loring Hall for the Whitehead Professor (one-half senior rate for spouse, and one-half student rate for dependents) and School housing. Hotel and transportation on all fall trips and transportation on all winter Attica excursions.
• Application submitted online, link to: https://ascsa.wufoo.com/forms/whitehead-visiting-professor-application-form/
• Curriculum vitae including list of publications.
• Statement of current and projected research.
• One page description of proposed seminar and other contributions to the academic program.
• Account of the frequency and length of earlier visits to Greece.
• Three letters of recommendation to be sent directly to the address below or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Applicants may be invited to an interview at the annual AIA/APA meetings or by telephone.
Committee on Personnel
American School of Classical Studies at Athens
6-8 Charlton Street
Princeton, NJ 08540-5232
The appointments will be announced by January 15.
The American School of Classical Studies at Athens does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, sex, sexual orientation, color, religion, ethnic origin, or disability when considering admission to any form of membership or application for employment
Posted: August 16, 2014