Science History Institute
Job type: museums and libraries
Application deadline: February 26, 2019
The Science History Institute is recruiting for the position of Director, Center of Historical Research. The Director, Center of Historical Research will lead research into the history of the physical and life sciences at the Institute. They will be responsible for developing the historical research culture of the Institute, monitoring its excellence and acting as point of contact for external academics and scholars. The Director, Center of Historical Research will oversee the internationally important fellowship program of the Beckman Center for the History of Chemistry and will drive the development, organization and execution of scholarly workshops, symposia and conferences at the Institute, fostering collaborations both nationally and internationally, and initiating the Institute’s participation in relevant conferences elsewhere.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Doctoral degree, with a minimum of two years of research experience in the history of physical science or the life sciences.
- Scholarly recognition through publication.
- Demonstrated superior research skills, including qualitative data analysis and archival research..
- High level of scientific and technical literacy, curiosity and aptitude.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strategic thinker who can quickly integrate into an established staff.
- High proficiency in successfully managing multiple projects.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to handle multiple simultaneous projects.
- Ability to carry out self-motivated and self-supervised work.
To be considered for this position, please send cover letter with salary expectations, resume/CV and contact information for 3 professional references to CHR2018@sciencehistory.org.
Posted: December 06, 2018