American Institute of Physics
Job Type: Government/Non-Profit
Application Deadline: October 30, 2018
Physics Today, the monthly flagship magazine of the American Institute of Physics, is looking for an associate editor to contribute to the print magazine and website.
Since its launch in 1948, Physics Today has covered physics and its related sciences for its large and diverse readership of physical scientists. The associate editor’s main role will be threefold: to edit feature articles, to write news stories for the magazine’s Search & Discovery and Physics Update departments and to write news stories for the magazine’s website. The editor will also have the opportunity to contribute in other ways to the magazine, its website and its social media outlets. If you wish to apply for the position, please apply with the following required items:
- Cover letter that introduces yourself and explains why you are interested in the position and why you believe you are qualified for it
- Writing sample that demonstrates your ability to write clearly and engagingly about a technical subject
- BS degree in physics or related field; graduate degree preferred
- Ability to write clearly, engagingly and accessibly about research in physics and related fields
- Ability to work effectively and tactfully with authors to improve their articles for publication
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work collegially with fellow editors, copy editors, the art director and other members of the Physics Today team
AIP offers a full suite of excellent benefits including generous retirement, on-site fitness center, metro access/free parking, and more. Learn more at www.aip.org
AIP is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply online here.
Note: History or philosophy of science is very much of interest.
Posted: September 13, 2018