Job Type: Fellowship
Application Deadline: May 15, 2015
The International Research Training Group „Religious Cultures in 19th– and 20th-century Europe“ (LMU Munich / Charles-University Prague / Adam Mickiewicz University Poznań in cooperation with the Collegium Carolinum/Munich) is calling for applications for seven research fellowships. Research fellows conduct their own independent PhD project and are remunerated according to the German public service salary scale at (TV-L for part-time, 65 %). The positions are available for two years startingOctober 1, 2015 and can be extended for another 12 months depending on the progress of the research project. Applications are accepted until May 15, 2015.
The Research Training Group focuses on religion and its relationship to secular systems in European modernity. The individual research projects seek to solve a central question: To what extent were religious groupings, religious practices and religious symbols and their usage influenced by economic, social and cultural changes occurring in Europe from the late 18th century onwards, and how did they, on the other hand, shape these processes of change?
For further information please consult: www.igk-religioese-kulturen.uni-muenchen.de
- Very good graduate degree (Master’s, Magister, German Diploma, State Examination or equivalent degree) in one of the disciplines relevant to the Research Training Group (history, theology, Religious Studies, Jewish Studies, political science, social science and history of science) or in a similar discipline
- Proposal for an independent research project within the fields of interest to the Research Training Group
- Participation in events hosted by the Research Training Group
- Knowledge of German and English
- Research proposal of 5-6 pages
- Proposed work plan and time schedule
- Curriculum Vitae
- Degree certificates (after higher education entrance qualification)
- Master’s thesis
- List of publications if applicable
- Names of two university professors who can provide recommendation letters
Please submit the complete application online at:
Deadline for applications is May 15th, 2015.
Applicants with disabilities possessing essentially equivalent qualifications will receive preferential consideration. The Research Training Group is committed to supporting the importance of family and career, and therefore encourages applications from women. As an international research institution, the Research Training Group welcomes applications from abroad.
For more information, please visit https://www.h-net.org/jobs/job_display.php?id=50653
Posted: April 25, 2015