University of Venice (ITA) / European Research Council
Job Type: Postdoc
Application Deadline: January 31, 2019
The research ERC endeavor EarlyModernCosmology – “Institutions and Metaphysics of Cosmology in the Epistemic Networks of Seventeenth-Century Europe” (GA 725883), which has received funding from the European Research Council – Horizon 2020 and is based at Ca’ Foscari University of Venice (unive.it/earlymoderncosmology), is looking for one postdoctoral fellowship (1 year with the possibility of an extension of one extra year). The research endeavor addresses the confessional, political and ideological settings of early modern science, with a particular focus on cosmology. The project has an overarching thematic, geographical, and geopolitical scope and is reinforced by a methodological and philosophical reflection on political epistemology informed by Gramscian views on society, culture, and politics.
Pietro Omodeo, Principal Investigator of the project, is looking for one post-doctoral fellow with an outstanding project in one or more of the following research areas relevant to the ERC endeavor:
- Early-modern cultural history of science: Cosmology and related disciplines in their socio-political context;
- Early-modern institutional history: Early-modern institutional history of ideas and/or epistemic webs in their socio-cultural and political entanglements;
- Political epistemology: Methodological problems of historical epistemology for the investigation of science, religion and ideology.
Deadline: 31 January 2019 at 12:00 (Venice time)
- Research support office (Department of Philosophy and Cultural Heritage): email@example.com
- Project Manager EarlyModernCosmology: Silvia Bellacicco firstname.lastname@example.org
- Principal Investigator EarlyModernCosmology: Pietro Daniel Omodeo email@example.com
Posted: December 11, 2018