Name: The Max Planck Institute for the History of Science, Berlin, Department III, Artefacts, Action, and Knowledge
Location: Berlin, Germanty
Application Deadline: July 15, 2017
Sponsoring Institution: The Max Planck Institute for the History of Science
The Max Planck Institute for the History of Science, Berlin, Department III, Artefacts, Action, and Knowledge, Director: Prof. Dr. Dagmar Schäfer, offers visiting scholarships for 3-9 months to take place in the period 1 January 2018 to 31 August 2019. Outstanding scholars beyond the postdoc phase of their careers are invited to apply for participation in the working groups:
- “The Art of Judgement“, in particular projects that connect the history of judgments in planning with current concerns about the different dimensions of global change.
- “The Body of Animals”, in particular projects that focus on animals’ bodies and materiality, or consider animals in relation to commodification, technology, or the environment.
Applications from candidates in every field involved with issues relevant to the history of science and technology are welcome, with some preference for projects looking at cases from Asia, Africa, or Latin America, or adopting a global perspective. The MPIWG hosts many academic activities: conferences, workshops, brown bag seminars and colloquia. Visiting scholars are encouraged to combine their research stay with active participation in such events.
Applications may be submitted in German, English, Chinese or French. Candidates of all nationalities are encouraged to apply; applications from women are especially welcome. The Max Planck Society is committed to promoting handicapped individuals and encourages them to apply.
Only electronic submissions will be accepted. Candidates are requested to submit, via our online application portal (https://recruitment.mpiwg-berlin.mpg.de/position/6651907):
- a cover letter
- curriculum vitae (including list of publications)
- a research proposal on a topic related to the project (1000 words maximum)
- one sample of writing (i.e. article or book chapter)
- names and email addresses of two referees
Deadline for submission: 15 July 2017
Please note that only successful candidates will be notified.
For questions about the working groups and Department III, please contact Wilko Graf von Hardenberg (firstname.lastname@example.org); for technical questions regarding the application portal, for administrative questions concerning the position and the Institute, please first contact the Department secretary (email@example.com).
Max Planck Institute for the History of Science, Boltzmannstr. 22, 14195 Berlin, Germany
Wilko Graf von Hardenberg
Posted: June 26, 2017