Name: Grants-in-Aid from the Center for History of Physics
Location: College Park, Maryland, USA
Application Deadline: November 15, 2021
Sponsoring Institution: American Institute of Physics
The Center for History of Physics at the American Institute of Physics awards grants-in-aid to support research in the history of the physical sciences. Past recipients have used grants to support thesis research, oral history interviews, book projects, and more.
Individual researchers may receive grants of up to $2,500 USD each. Grant funds may only be used to reimburse:
• Expenses for travel and subsistence to use the resources of the Niels Bohr Library & Archives in College Park, Maryland, or other relevant archives.
• Expenses for travel and subsistence to record oral history interviews or digitize archival materials.
• Expenses for research assistance (such as for an assistant or archive scanning fees) when archival travel is not possible.
To apply, send the following materials by mail or email:
• A curriculum vitae or resume
• A letter or reference from your thesis adviser (if working towards a graduate degree) OR a record of publication in the field
• A letter of no more than two pages describing your research project
• A list of the persons to be interviewed and/or the archives and collections to be consulted
• A brief budget showing the expenses for which support is requested. (N.B. Expenses will only be reimbursed after travel has been completed and all receipts have been submitted to the Center for History of Physics)
Application deadlines: April 15 and November 15 of each year.
For more details, see: https://www.aip.org/history-
Submit questions and application materials to:
Center for History of Physics
American Institute of Physics
One Physics Ellipse College Park, MD 20740
Posted: September 08, 2021