Name: 2019 STM Graduate Student Paper Prize
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Application Deadline: July 15, 2019
Sponsoring Institution: Society for Medical Anthropology
The Science, Technology, and Medicine (STM) interest group of the Society for Medical Anthropology is pleased to welcome submissions for the 2019 STM Graduate Student Paper Prize. This prize is awarded annually for a paper that offers an innovative approach to the anthropology of science, technology, and medicine. All papers on topics related to science and/or technology and their intersection with health and medicine will be considered.
- The word count should be 8,000-10,000, including notes and references.
- All authors must be currently enrolled as graduate students at the time of submission, or have just graduated in spring semester of 2019.
- Winners of previous STM graduate paper prizes are not eligible to submit new papers.
- The paper can be under review at the time of submission, but it cannot be in press or published.
- To enable a blind review process, the submission email should include two PDF documents: (1) a cover sheet with author name, affiliation and any acknowledgments, and (2) the paper (and abstract) with no identifying information listed.
The winner of the prize will be announced at the 2019 AAA Annual Meeting in Vancouver, BC. The winner will receive a cash prize of $200, an award certificate, and detailed suggestions from the committee of judges on ways to prepare the article for publication.
Submissions should be emailed by July 15th, 2019, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on the STM interest group, click here.
Send an email to
Posted: July 09, 2019