May 8, 2017, The Negev, Israel
The Jacques Loeb Centre for the History and Philosophy of the Life Sciences at Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Israel, is pleased to announce its next workshop, which will take place on 8 May 2017.
The workshop is titled, “From the Laboratory to the Market and Back? – Historical and Critical Explorations of the Interchange between Academia and Industry”
This workshop will examine the phenomenon of the commercialization of science from critical and historical perspectives and will explore the effects of its present acceleration on scientific research. Also, using selected cases, we will analyze how commercialization has impacted on basic science and on the university in general, including in the humanities.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Nimrod Bar-Am – Sapir College
- Ari Barell – Ben-Gurion University of the Negev
- Rivka Carmi – Ben-Gurion University of the Negev
- Rivka Feldhay – Tel Aviv University
- Oded Hod – Tel Aviv University, Global Young Academy
- Shaul Katzir – Tel Aviv University
- Gabriel Lemcoff – Ben-Gurion University of the Negev
- Hagit Messer-Yaron – Tel Aviv University
- Isaac (Yani) Nevo – Ben-Gurion University of the Negev
- Michel Revel – Weizmann Institute of Science, Kadimastem Ltd.
- Amir Sagi – Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, National Institute for Biotechnology in the Negev, Enzootic Ltd, and others
- Adi Sapir – University of Haifa
- Oded Shoseyov – The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Collplant Ltd., and others
- Anthony S. Travis – Edelstein Center, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
The workshop will take place in the Edgar de Picciotto Family National Institute for Biotechnology in the Negev Building (Bldg. 41) (MAP)
Registration is free, but required for planning purposes. Please register here.
To learn more about the workshop, please visit http://in.bgu.ac.il/en/loeb/Pages/laboratory-Market.aspx or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted: March 22, 2017