June 30-July 1, 2020, Hamburg, Germany
Proposals are now being accepted for the Third Workshop on Scientific Archives. The aim of the workshop is to explore topics in the area of the contemporary archives of science and technology. The workshop is organized by the Committee on the Archives of Science and Technology of the ICA-SUV.
The organizing committee is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion and is working to ensure that we can welcome in Hamburg speakers and participants from different backgrounds, countries, and perspectives. To discuss this, please do not hesitate to get in touch. Thank you.
A limited number of travel funds will be available for anyone interested in attending the workshop (speakers and participants). Applications for these will be made between March and April 2020. Further information will follow.
Call for papers
Proposed topics include (but are not limited to):
- Collaborating with scientists to capture contemporary scientific material
- Using scientific archives for outreach and education
- Using and re-using archival resources in current science
- Enabling access to scientific records
- Describing technical and scientific archives
- Managing and archiving research data
- Exploring the role of archives and records in open science
- Capturing diversity in institutional archives
- Scientific archives in a “post-truth” world
- Diversity and inclusion in STEM // Diversity and inclusion in archives
Papers are to be 20 minutes. Please submit a 400-word abstract using this form by Friday 31 January 2020.
Deadline: January 31, 2020
Posted: October 18, 2019