August 5-7, 2017, Durham University, UK
- Hasok Chang (Cambridge)
- Michela Massimi (Edinburgh)
- Stathis Psillos (Athens)
- John Worrall (LSE)
Call for papers
This is a call for papers for a 3-day conference on the theme of contemporary selective scientific realism (sometimes called ‘divide et impera’ realism).
- Assessing the validity of selective scientific realism by amassing a large amount of relevant evidence from the history of science
- Bringing that evidence to bear upon selective scientific realist positions
- Evaluating philosophical and conceptual challenges to the selective realist position
- Discussing the future of scientific selective realism
Abstracts of no more than 500 words should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, by December 20th 2016 at the latest. Decisions will be made by January 31st 2017. A limited number of travel bursaries will be available for particularly strong applicants who can only partially fund their own travel. Further inquiries may be addressed to Yafeng Shan (email@example.com).
Deadline: January 31, 2017
Posted: December 07, 2016