June 22-25, 2016, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
HOPOS: The International Society for the History of Philosophy of Science will hold its eleventh international congress in Minneapolis, on June 22-25, 2016. The Society hereby requests proposals for papers and for symposia to be presented at the meeting.
HOPOS is devoted to promoting serious, scholarly research on the history of the philosophy of science. We construe this subject broadly, to include topics in the history of related disciplines and in all historical periods, studied through diverse methodologies. We aim to promote historical work in a variety of ways, but especially through encouraging exchange among scholars through meetings, publications, and electronic media. In order to encourage scholarly exchange across the temporal reach of HOPOS, the program committee especially encourages submissions that take up philosophical themes that cross time periods.
For more information, please visit http://www.hopos.org
Call for papers
The conference language is English.
To submit a proposal, please upload a PDF of your paper or symposium proposal to the following website: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=hopos2016
Proposals for papers should be prepared for anonymous review. Proposals should include:
- Title and abstract of the paper (maximum 500 words).
Proposals for symposia should be prepared for anonymous review. Proposals should include:
- Title of the symposium.
- Symposium summary statement (maximum 500 words).
- Titles and abstracts of the papers (maximum 500 words for each paper).
- A symposium should consist of 3 or 4 papers.
If you have inquiries about the conference or about the submission process, please write to Maarten van Dyck: maarten.vandyck@ ugent.be.
- Maarten van Dyck (Ghent University), “Kant and Before” Subcommittee Chair
- Karen Detlefsen (University of Pennsylvania)
- Andrea Falcon (Concordia University)
- Sophie Roux (École Normale Supérieure, Paris)
- Marius Stan (Boston College)
- Lydia Patton (Virginia Tech), “After Kant” Subcommittee Chair
- Janet Folina (Macalester College)
- Greg Frost-Arnold (Hobart and William Smith Colleges)
- Matthias Neuber (Universität Tübingen)
- Jonathan Tsou (Iowa State University)
Deadline: January 4, 2016
Posted: September 17, 2015