October 21-23, 2019, Lisbon, Portugal
Call for papers
CONCHA is a project focused on the construction of early modern global cities and oceanic networks in the Atlantic: An approach via ocean’s cultural heritage. The main goal of the 2nd Workshop is not only to bring together researchers from CONCHA’s partner institutions and other, but also to highlight the ongoing scientific debate about Sea and Animal Studies. As such, contributions from all areas of scientific and scholar production are welcome, as well as research in outreach and scientific communication. This workshop focus on interdisciplinary research, from different time scales, with a cross-cultural approach to:
- Sea narratives, literatures and traditions;
- Oceanic and littoral history;
- Humans and animals interactions;
- Marine animal studies;
- Sea and marine animals’ agency;
- Exploitation of the sea; its animals and other resources;
- Cultural and natural heritage;
- Marine conservation: past, present and future.
Please submit your proposal with title, author(s), affiliation(s), e-mail for the lead author and abstract with max. 300 words to email@example.com.
Deadline: April 30, 2019
Posted: April 17, 2019