May 19-22, 2016, The Center for Values in Medicine, Science, and Technology, The University of Texas at Dallas, Richardson, Texas
Call for papers
This conference aims to promote ethically responsible and socially beneficial scientific research and technological innovation, primarily through philosophical/humanistic engagement with science, engineering, and medicine and through reflection on their role in society. The conferences goal is also to improve the capacity of philosophers of all specializations to collaborate and engage with scientists, engineers, policymakers, and a wide range of publics, as well as to promote philosophic reflection by these latter groups, and also by historians, humanists, and social scientists about the role of science in society.
Potential topics include but are not limited to:
- Social justice issues in science, engineering, and medicine
- Ethics education in science and engineering
- Public understanding and communication of science and medicine
- Rethinking broader impacts and responsible conduct of research
- Science and politics; democratization of science; science advising
- Analyses of interdisciplinarity, collaboration, and stakeholder participation
Proposal Types and Submission Instructions
- Traditional individual presentations
- Panel discussions
- Lightning talks / Ignite session / Open roundtables
- Roundtable discussions
- Birds-of-a-feather briefs
- Workshop sessions
To learn more about potential topics, proposal formats, and how to submit your proposal, visit our website: http://www.utdallas.edu/c4v/cfp-srpoise-vmst-2016/
Submissions are due by November 1, 2015.
The Center for Values in Medicine, Science, and Technology works to foster diversity and inclusiveness in our programming, events, and outreach efforts. Proposal authors and panel organizers will be asked to submit an optional 50-100 word diversity statement with their submission.
They are also seeking volunteers for: Discussants and commentators, session chairs, help with conference logistics. Please email <email@example.com> if you are willing to volunteer. Please include a abbreviated biography or CV.
All conference locations will be wheelchair accessible. Further accessibility information is TBD, depending on available facilities. Conference website will be updated as soon as this information is available. Feedback is welcome at <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
Deadline: November 1, 2015
Posted: October 08, 2015