October 24-25, 2014, University of California-Irvine
This will be a multi-disciplinary conference on gender with three primary goals in mind:
1. To discuss gender assumptions underpinning critical social, cultural, and legal norms and discussions
2. To promote space for multi-disciplinary thinking and research on these issues
3. To bring special attention to recent debates over the status of women in the field of Philosophy.
Call for papers
We invite contributions on any topic related to gender, and particularly on those connected to the following themes:
- Gender and Knowledge
- Gender and Social Justice
- Gender and Discrimination
- Gender and Science
Additionally, special consideration will be given to submissions concerning women in philosophy.
For consideration, please submit a long abstract (500-1000 words) below. Presentations will be 20 minutes long and will be followed by a 20 minute question and answer session. Additionally, we have scheduled a one-hour round table discussion on women in the profession. This session is open to all, but we especially hope for contributions from conference presenters.
Submission Deadline: July 31, 2014
To submit your abstract, click here. NB: you will need to create an EasyChair username and password to submit.
Deadline: July 31, 2014
Posted: June 13, 2014