November 15-16, 2019, Portsmouth, NH, USA
The Northeast Popular Culture Association’s 2019 conference will be held at the Sheraton Portsmouth Harborside Hotel in Portsmouth, New Hampshire on November 15-16, 2019.
The Science and Technology area of the Northeast Popular Culture Association encourages paper submissions that explore the relation of science and technology to popular culture and to American culture. Science and technology are broadly defined. Some topics may include:
- science and technology in print and visual culture
- cultural influences on science and technology
- popularization of science and technology
- science education and the celebrity scientist
- science and technology in the museum
- science and the internet
- science, technology, and the future
Scholars and independent researchers from all levels and disciplines are welcome to submit.
Proposals for individual papers or complete panels are due by June 1, 2019. Additional information and guidelines can be found here.
Todd M. Olszewski, PhD
Associate Director, Center for Teaching Excellence
Associate Professor, Health Policy and Management
1 Cunningham Square
Providence, RI 02918
Call for papers
Deadline: June 1, 2019
Posted: May 13, 2019