May 26-28, 2018, Regina, Saskatchewan
Call for papers
The Canadian Society for the History and Philosophy of Science (CSHPS) is holding its annual conference as part of the Congress of the Humanities and Social Sciences in Regina, Saskatchewan, May 26-28, 2018 (http://www.yorku.ca/cshps1/meeting.html).
The Program Committee invites scholars working on the history and philosophy of science to submit abstracts for individual papers or proposals for sessions (3 and 4 papers). We particularly encourage scholars to engage with the theme for Congress 2018 – “Gathering diversities”. Unrelated topics and themes are also welcome.
- Meeting languages: The CSHPS is a bilingual society. Individual papers may be given in English or French, but efforts to broaden participation are appreciated (e.g. a presentation in English could be accompanied by a PowerPoint in French, and vice versa). Similarly, sessions can be presented in either English or French, but bilingual sessions are especially welcomed.
- Joint sessions: The CSHPS meeting overlaps with the meeting dates of a number of other member societies of the CFHSS, including the Canadian Historical Association, Women’s and Gender Studies et Recherches Féministes, and Canadian Society for the History of Medicine. We welcome proposals for joint sessions with these and other societies (please mention this specifically in your session proposal). However, no talk will be accepted for presentation at more than one society.
- Number of submissions: Individuals can only submit one abstract for the CSHPS meeting (i.e. either an abstract for an individual paper or an abstract part of a session proposal).
- In order to preserve the anonymity of authors, it is important that contact information and other identifying information be excluded from the file containing the abstract.
- Individual paper submissions should consist of a title, a brief abstract (150-250 words), a list of keywords, and—in the accompanying email—the author’s name and contact information.
- Session proposals should consist of a session title, titles and brief abstracts (150-250 words) for each paper, a list of keywords, and—in the accompanying email—the names and contact information of the presenters and session organizer.
- Proposals should be in MS Word, pdf, odt or rtf format.
- Deadline: January 12th, 2018
- Submission email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Presenters: All presenters must be members of the CSHPS at the time of the meeting. For more information about CSHPS membership, consult: http://www.yorku.ca/cshps1/join.html.
- Student Prize: The CSHPS offers the Richard Hadden Award, a book prize for the best student paper presented at the meeting. To be considered for the award, students should submit a copy of their paper by e-mail by May 4th, 2018. Details of this prize can be found at: http://www.yorku.ca/cshps1/HaddenPrize.html
- CFHSS: Information about Congress registration and accommodation will be available at the CFHSS congress website: http://congress2018.ca.
Program Committee (2017-2018): François Claveau (Sherbrooke) Chair, Vivien Hamilton (Harvey Mudd College), Jennifer Hubbard (Ryerson)
Local Arrangements: Yvonne Petry (Regina)
Deadline: January 12, 2018
Posted: November 28, 2017