Archival Elements, the annual newsletter of the Society of American Archivists’ Science, Technology and Health Care Section, is now accepting contributions for its 2020 issue. We want to hear about:
- The archival processes, practices, and innovations used in the management of your science, technology, and health care-related collections.
- Your upcoming events, awards and grants received, new exhibits and collections
- Completed and in-progress projects or initiatives
- The challenges of administering science, technology, and health care-related collections
- How you demonstrate the value of your work as an archivist and your collections to your constituents and stakeholders.
- Collaborations with other institutions or professions
The newsletter’s scope is flexible; past subjects of contributions have included:
- A collaborative project to preserve software
- A Google Maps project created using a WWII-era hospital collection
- Making a marine biology laboratory’s archives accessible
- Diversity in science and health care
- Saving climate data
Call for papers
The deadline for contributions is May 1, 2020. Previous editions of the newsletter are available here.
Brief submissions and announcements (100-350 words)
Short articles (500-750 words)
Long articles (1000-1500 words)
- Pieces should include a title, names of the authors, their positions, their institutional affiliations, and emails. Other contact information is optional but welcome.
- Photos and illustrations should be sent as separate attachments using the JPEG format. Send the best quality images possible, and the more images, the better.
- Indicate placement of the images in the text. Captions should accompany all figures and tables and should credit original sources. Keep captions at an appropriate length.
Archival Elements encourages contributions from diverse voices and perspectives as well as those previously unpublished and new to the profession. Contribution selections are at the discretion of the Archival Elements Newsletter Committee.
Email contributions and questions to the Archival Elements editor, Jennifer Langford.
Deadline: May 1, 2020
Posted: February 07, 2020