To give by check, please mail your donation to the Society’s Executive Office:
History of Science Society
440 Geddes Hall
Notre Dame, IN 46556
To give by credit card, please click here. You will be taken to a page at the University of Chicago Press, where you can make your donation to the History of Science Society.
Your tax deductible gift to the HSS will benefit the Society in many ways. Gifts to our General, non-specified Endowment are used to support the executive office, the HSS Web site and Newsletter, annual prizes, volunteer services, and many other important programs. You may also target your donation to support some of the special funds listed below. If you would like to direct your gift for another purpose, please contact the Executive Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- HSS General Operations Fund (supports the day-to-day operations of the Society)
- HSS General Endowment (proceeds from the general endowment support multiple projects)
- Elizabeth Paris Endowment for Socially Engaged History and Philosophy of Science
- Bibliographer’s Fund (an endowment to support the activities of the HSS bibliographer)
- Hazen-Polsky Matching Fund (an endowment to support the educational activities of the HSS)
- Sponsor-a-Scholar Program (to provide HSS membership to scholars in areas impacted by currency inequities)
- Margaret W. Rossiter History of Women in Science Prize (an endowed prize)
- Nathan Reingold Prize (an endowed prize to recognize an outstanding graduate student essay)
- Dependent Care at the HSS Annual Meeting
For gifts of stocks, bonds, bequests, or charitable annuities, please contact the HSS Executive Office at email@example.com.